Virtual Memory Allocation Size can be easily changed in Windows 10 method is same as the earlier version of Windows just follow this easy guide and do it.
Most of us think that RAM is the main memory component and primary memory to run the system but when RAM is less or filled up then Virtual Memory is used.Virtual Memory feature is available on almost every Operating System in the world.
When RAM is full some files are transferred to Virtual Memory space to prevent the PC to slow down.It’s basically a space which is allocated by OS on your hard drive its space is chosen by default but you can increase or decrease the size.
Virtual Memory is one of the core factors of your system performance it can boost your performance if you increase its size have the lower memory of RAM.As your workload will increase you will need more RAM but it will cost you to save the cost we can increase the Virtual Memory space.
But remember that it will not increase the speed of the system but surely will help to boost the system performance.The size of virtual memory depend on the size of RAM you have but there is a certain limit in which you can increase its space.
Change Virtual Memory Allocation Size
- Open the file explorer by pressing the Win + E key combination.
- Right click and select Properties.
- System Window will appear click on Advanced System Settings.
- System properties window will appear select Advanced tab and select settings.
- Click on Advanced Tab under virtual memory click Change button.
- Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all devices option.
- Select the drive for which you want to change the virtual memory size and enter the number.
- By clicking on Custom Size button enter the Initial size or Maximum size of memory in MB’s.
- Click on Set and OK button.
See More:-Windows 10 Anniversary Update